This workshop presented the results to date of the International Energy Agency PV Power Systems Program’s Task 14 on High Penetration of PV Systems in Electricity Grids. It considered the findings in the Australian context and formed part of Australia’s involvement in this Task. It was on 26 Nov, 2013, at the Law Theatre, University of NSW, Kensington.
The agenda can be found here, and the presentations are below.
– “Update on ARENA’s activities”, by Lara Olsen, General Manager Strategy, ARENA
– “The IEA PVPS High Penetration Task”, by Christoph Mayr, Roland Brundlinger, AIT
– “Utility experiences with high penetration – Australian survey results”, by Ben Noone, CEEM, UNSW
– “Magnetic Island – An Australian case study”, by Anna Bruce (SPREE, UNSW) and Dean Condon (Ergon Energy)
– “Addressing issues created by high PV penetration at inverter level”, by Andros Cadavid, SMA Australia
– “High penetration in the European context”, by Manoel Rekinger, EPIA, EU
– “High PV in local distribution grids and update on PV in Germany”, by Dr Thomas Stetz, Fraunhofer IWES, Germany
– “Overview of grid integration research in the USA”, by Barry Mather, NREL, USA
– “Smart inverter technology for high PV penetration”, by Mr Roland Bruendlinger, AIT, Austria.