The APVI is pleased to announce that the third APSRC, that was held on the 28 Nov to 1 December 2016 at the Australian National University, was a huge success. With almost 300 registrations and many world renowned climate and renewable energy experts, it created an excellent opportunity for local researchers to learn of each other’s work.
This year the APSRC 2017 will be in Melbourne!
In 2016 year the APSRC was integrated with the following and we intend the 2017 conference to also be integrated with a range of interesting events:
- the Energy Change Institute’s Open Day (28 Nov)
- the ANU Energy Update and Solar Oration (29 Nov)
- the Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics Fourth Conference (1 Dec)
- as well as parallel workshops and some interesting local tours.
The Conference provided a unique opportunity to combine the annual research reviews of Australia’s key solar research groups, representing researchers from around the region. The Conference was arranged into six streams:
- Photovoltaic Devices
- Solar energy systems, integration and deployment
- Solar Heating and Cooling Low Carbon Living
- Concentrating Solar Thermal
- Solar and renewable energy services
- Solar energy solutions for emerging economies
Poster Session & networking events were also incorporated (Wed and Thurs afternoons), covering all the research topics above, and provided an opportunity for solar researchers in the Region to meet and exchange ideas. Posters were also be on display throughout the conference.